Little Adventures

alexdpx. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Exploring Possibilities



Red cloth used by the store owner to cover his items.


During a recent photowalk in Souq Waqif, I noticed this nice red piece of cloth used as a cover for some antique items for sale. What caught my eyes is its vibrant color and texture. Immediately, I thought that this would make a nice photographic background. Then I noticed that myself and my companions are in an entrance to a hallway and diffused natural light is shining beautifully onto the hallway.






I called everyone in and told them about the idea. They loved it. So with one Canon Speedlite 430EX II we were able to do these "studio" portraits using ambient as main light and the 430EX II as kicker.


I'm a big fan of available light shooting but a little exploration and imagination usually produce better results.

Cheers,
alexdpx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


free counters