Little Adventures

alexdpx. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Asian Games Here I Come!!

My ticket confirmation. The actual memorabilia tickets will be delivered some time mid-November 2006 - just in time for the games.

Well designed Asian Games stationery.

I'm all set to watch and photograph several sporting events at the 2006 Doha Asian Games. I just made it to the first phase of Asian Games ticket sales. The last day was on September 14, 2006. Between September 15 to 26, the organizers will be printing all pre-ordered tickets which may later be considered as Asian Games memorabilia. After September 26, according to the person on the ticket sales box, regular tickets will be available to the public.

I suppose the pricing will still be the same but they will no longer be memorabilia tickets. I ordered tickets for the swimming events to be held at the newly built Hamad Aquatic Centre. The main reason is to take photos and send them to my nephew and niece who are champion swimmers themselves. You see, both of them are potential future Team USA swimmers. I hope to give them some inspiration them by showing how international competition looks like throught he photographs I intend to shoot.

I also bought a precinct ticket in the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex where I can watch several other sports events (not just tennis, but whatever else is on-going within the complex).

Now the question that's probably going on inside your minds is whether I bought tickets for the Opening or Closing Ceremony. Well, the answer is NO. I'm just not willing to spend QR 500 (US$ 137 / PHP 7000) for the Opening Ceremonies. The Closing Ceremonies is cheaper at QR 150 (US$ 41.10 / PHP 2100) but I'm not very keen to watch. Both will be held at the recently redeveloped Khalifa Stadium of which our company is the prime consultant and I am one of its Project Architects. I prefer to shoot the sporting events. But, make no mistake, I will be shooting the lights and fireworks from outside of the Khalifa Stadium - from a distance to avoid the traffic jam.

See you all at the games.

Cheers,

alexdpx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


free counters